1 small onion
3 tablespoons cilantro
1 clove garlic
2 serrano peppers
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Put lime juice in a cuisinart. Add the seeded peppers and garlic, process until very fine. Move to medium bowl.
2. Use cusinart to chop onion, then peaches, then plums. Put in medium bowl with lime/chili mixture. Be sure not to over chop. Pieces should be scoopable, but not pulverized.
3. Use cuisinart to chop cilantro until fine. Add to bowl.
4. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and Tabasco. Mix well.
5. Chill for an hour to let flavors blend, stir.
6. Serve with blue corn chips. Also good on fish.
Yield: 2 cups
The ingredients are variable — basically two firm tart fruits and two softer sweeter fruits. I use nectarines in place of peaches when available, but basically anything ripe and in season. Even pear.
My most recent variant was mango/peach. Two mangoes (peeled) and two peaches (unpeeled).